Frequently people ask, should I mail my offer letters via First Class Mail, or should I choose Standard Mail?
Yes, there is a cost savings to choosing Standard Class mail, but before you make that choice, consider the differences and see which of these you prefer. Remember, ultimately, the decision is yours.
First Class Mail
- USPS first-class delivery is given priority over standard mail
- Local mail will typically be delivered in 2-3 days.
- Nationally, first-class mail should be delivered in about 4 days. First-class mail postage includes forwarding and return services with no additional charge.
Standard Class Mail
- Standard Mail, is known as "bulk mail"
- It's processed by the USPS on a “time available” basis.
- Standard mail is not forwarded or returned if undeliverable.
- Standard mail will typically be delivered in under 5 business days locally.
- Nationwide it could take 2 to 3 weeks.
- Standard Mail should not be used for time-sensitive mail.
So which one is best for your business?