In today’s episode of The Art of Passive Income, Mark and Scott talk to Matt Paulson—MattPaulson.com. Matt is an entrepreneur, angel investor, and an author.
His largest business, MarketBeat.com makes real-time financial information available to investors at all levels. He also does a daily investment newsletter which has attracted more than 430,000 subscribers, and a Startup Q&A podcast.
His financial news websites attract more than 4 million page views each month. MarketBeat was recently recognized as the fastest-growing privately held company in South Dakota by Inc. in its annual Inc. 5000 rankings. MarketBeats reporting has been featured in Barron’s Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, MarketWatch and Seeking Alpha.
How did Matt become such a prolific entrepreneur?
Simply, he works hard on one thing at a time until it has run its natural conclusion.
Matt shares his early beginnings with us, starting at the age 10 when he wrote HTML before computers were commonplace in every home. He created a website about Simcity cheat codes that was getting about 25 page views a day—in the 90’s when the world wide web was in its first beginnings. Then, later on, he went on to get an undergraduate degree in computer science.
Plus, Matt elaborates on:
- Scaling too fast results in failure
- His competitive edge that he attributes to his success
- Is there anything he would have done differently
- His strategy for getting 4 million page views a month
Listen in now!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Mark: Learn more about Matt by going to his website at MattPaulson.com.
Scott: Go to craigslist and hire VA’s in your local area. There is a large amount of talent available for you to hire locally.
- Check out and learn more about Web Push Notifications. They are clickable messages that are sent by a website to their subscribers’ browsers. It’s a great and powerful marketing tool.
- Check out and learn more about Google Structure Data Testing Tools.
- Send your customers a two-sentence email. The first sentence is a question, then the second one is a call-to-action. Readers tend to take action with these kinds of emails because they take less time to read.
- Check out and learn more about Google: Accelerated Mobile Pages Project. This is a specification for really mobile-friendly news content. It’s a subset of HTML that’s supposed to load really fast on mobile web browsers.
- Check out and learn more about Session Replays. They are tools that record what users are doing on their website.
Isn’t it time to create passive income so you can work where you want, when you want and with whomever you want?