In today’s episode of The Art of Passive Income, Mark and Scott talk to Michael Alder, real estate expert and host of the Real Estate Strategy Session podcast.
With a background in real estate and tired of dealing with deadbeat tenants, destroyed properties, evictions and lawyers Michael found Mark’s podcast and said to himself, “This guy definitely has something here.” He loved the idea and decided to take MASSIVE action because it’s far more passive than the residential game.
Today we talk about wholesaling. If you’ve ever thought about wholesaling land, this is definitely the episode for you.
Michael offers newbie advice:
- Start with the toolkit—get your education down
- Complete a couple baby deals to get your feet wet. The process of getting those done will build your confidence and press you forward so you can start seeing the numbers you’re after.
- Don’t get discouraged if nothing comes from a big mailer.
- Focus on your model and keep pressing forward with it.
Also in this episode:
- Scott’s scariest real estate deal… AKA the gangsta wholesale deal
- Avoiding the shiny object syndrome
- What is the difference between The Land Geek model and the wholesale residential model?
There is a lot of good stuff here, PLUS Michael wants to hook YOU up with goodies! Listen in for details.
TIPS OF THE WEEK
Mark: Take action right away. Avoid the law of diminishing intent, because the longer it takes you to take action the more likely you are not to. Also Wonder-Bot – a FREE app that remembers the things that you easily forget.
Scott: Design Your Day: Be More Productive, Set Better Goals, and Live Life On Purpose by Claire Diaz-Ortiz – A book about maximizing your time
Michael: Build upon yourself and it will help you build your business. Find someone that you can connect with that will help you build your self-esteem like Tony Robbins’ book Awaken the Giant.
Other resources mentioned:
Mark: Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Scott: The e-myth: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It -The Original by Michael E. Gerber
Michael: 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
Isn’t it time to create passive income so you can work where you want, when you want and with whomever you want?