In this video, I discuss ways that you can invest in yourself.
When you think about education, most people think about school… boring old school. However, education is about far more than just attending classes. Education is the process of learning new things so you can build a solid foundation for learning new subjects. |It also helps you to identify trends quicker once you learn how to apply your new knowledge.
Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States , was known for his self-education; an avid reader, he taught himself law and read everything he could get his hands on.
CEOs read 4 to 5 books per month . In 2014, Forbes reported that CEOs earned about 331 times more than the average worker. Is their pay out of control or is it a reflection of their education and experience?
Here are 5 tips on how you can continue to build your education:
- Allocate 1 hour per day for reading, listening to podcasts and following me on Periscope ;
- Invest in an education program that will help you cut time off the learning curve;
- Listen to books on Audible;
- Invest in an Udemy course – I recently picked up a few for as low as $10 a course;
- Watch webinars, looking for those little nuggets that can help you connect the dots.